Sunday, February 19, 2017

Ignatius Centre walk ...

... or have pencil will travel.

Plus 10c with clear skies and a warm sun. It sure feels like Spring is coming!

After a walk I sat myself down to sketch, opened my bag and realised I had fogotten my pens !
I did have a Pilot V Plus fountain pen but it's not waterproof
so I decided on pencil sketches ...

1 .. Finding a sheltered spot out of the wind I also found this old wheelbarrow.
Pencil, a touch of Vpen and watersoluble graphite.

2 .. Braving the wind on the other side of the building to sketch a small shed in the tree's. Quickly drawn in pencil and then back into the lee to finish it off
Pencil

3 .. Looking for another spot this time in the farmyard I came across this 50 gallon drum up against the cedar fence.
Pencil





 

Staedtler Mars Lumigraph pencils,
Stillman and Birn Beta Sketchbook,
Art Graf Water soluble Graphite,
Pilot Fountain Pen,

4 comments:

  1. You fed your soul all day. Congratulations!
    Vartkes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vartkes ..yes it was good to spend that much time doing exactly what I wanted to do :-)

      Delete
  2. These are great, Alan. Maybe you should leave your pens at home more often.

    I wish I could work in pencil. When I try my paper takes on the air of a gray sky :-) People tell me I use use a piece of paper under my hand but I always remember that after I've made a mess :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help but think what would have been different if I had had my pens.
      Suddenly realising I didn't did rattle me a little but once I started with the pencils all was good.
      Did doing that lead me down a new / different mindset? Who knows but it was fun!

      Delete