Saturday, February 18, 2017

A morning at Timeless Materials in Waterloo

I spent the morning with the KW Urban Sketchers at Timeless Materials in Waterloo.
So much to see and sketch and we only had TWO HOURS ! 
Still I managed to produce three sketches with various materials;

This old Chestnut canoe in pencil in my Stillman and Birn Beta sketchbook







The second was a bunch of old doors (well a selection as there are hundreds!) Drawn in Conte Crayon on Strathmore tinted paper.




Last but not least, with about 20 min left before the 'throwdown' I took on this pile of doorknobs! (Again a selection as there were dozens)
Micron pen in my Stillman and Birn Beta sketchbook


A fun morning that went byway too fast ! 

Alan

1 comment:

  1. Great sketches Alan. Doing that canoe, hanging high overhead would drive me nuts. I really have a hard time when my head starts bobbing to extreme angles :-)

    Love the door composition. I see the photographer in you on this one. Composition skills are not my strong suit.

    The door knobs look like they were a lot of fun. Piles of stuff are always challenging and fun.

    ReplyDelete