Sunday, July 8, 2018

A day in the Countryside

After a sweltering week the weather cleared and we were treated to a wonderful day perfectly timed as I had planned a day in the countryside around Otterville with my 'sketchy friend' Karen...

Old abandoned houses, barns and derelict tobacco drying sheds were the order of the day.

This is obviously a working barn very well kept and the land around it was like a lawn ! I have to research the quilt like pattern on the wall I saw several places that had these.




Beside the barn was an old water tower that I couldn't resist ..


Further to the left were several tobacco drying houses so I continued my sweep of the area making a triptych of sorts with this rendition..



Back around to the front where my car was parked I decided to attempt an 'close up' of the old farmstead that is rapidly crumbling as Mother Nature takes back what is hers. I have drawn the whole frontal facade previously.



Then time for lunch , this series took about 2 hours.
Then we began the long, slow drive home on the back roads looking for possibilities and found this one.

It seemed like a fitting end to a great day

Enjoy
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment