Sunday, June 17, 2018

Laepple Organic Farm - a grand day out

Yesterday I joined the KW Urban Sketchers at Laepple Organic Farm.
Thankfully the weather men / women/ people were wrong (again) and we had clear skies all day!

Thanks to Linda for being such a gracious host! #USkWR #USK_WR www.laeppleorganic.ca

When I arrived I had to try my new Koi watercolour pocket field sketch box for this 4" x 6"
Unfortunately the paper buckled as soon as I sprayed it (I didn't realise it wasn't a block)
So there was a lot of waiting as things dried!



 Cows in the Meadow


So as I waited for that to dry I pulled out another new to me sketch pad .. Stonehenge Colours (lightly tinted paper) and Staedler Black Pencils to do this...

Hayliner 273


Around to the front of the barn to find some shade and draw the 'front' ...

The Barn

Some artistic license used here :-) 

Finally into the shade to work on the details ...
love the 'doorstop' 

Barn Door

Enjoy !


Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment