Monday, August 7, 2017

Westfield Village - A grand day out

Westfield Village is a great place to visit if you love old buildings.
Yesterday I took my friend Karen for a day out to sketch and draw a few of them.

Gillen House - pencil 

This took a while, especially with the steam tractor rumbling by spitting oil, smoke and dust. I had to stop and cover my sketchbook each time ! 

I didn't notice the slight lean until I scanned it...


Cathcart School - Pencil

I decided on a less formal study of the old school. This was drawn quickly with a 'fat' (2mm) mechanical pencil .


Albrecht Seip Boot Shop - Pencil, Pen and Ink

Trying to stay off the roadway (that steam tractor again) I was 'forced' to work on my perspective drawing.


Boy the day went fast, before I knew it we were given the 10 min warning as it was 4:00pm already!


1 comment:

  1. These are nicely done, Alan. I think that lean is caused by the rapid rate that the Earth is rotating :-) Happens to me sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete